El Cerrito Breaking News
March 5, 2021
Help Available to Pay Past-Due Rent and Utilities Due to COVID-19 Hardship
A new program will help pay past-due, unpaid rent and utilities for qualifying City of San Diego (City) residents with low income who experience financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The application for help from the City of San Diego COVID-19 Housing Stability Assistance Program will be available March 15, 2021, at covidassistance.sdhc.org.
Until then, those who are interested in the program can sign up to be notified when the application is available. To sign up for this interest list, click here (Please use Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge web browsers to access the interest list or program application.)
Please use Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge web browsers to access the program application.
For questions or help with the application, call 619-535-6921 or contact one of these community-based organizations:
- Casa Familiar https://www.casafamiliar.org/ (619) 333-6824
- Chicano Federation https://www.chicanofederation.org/ (619) 285-5600 x 802
- ElderHelp of San Diego https://www.elderhelpofsandiego.org/ (858) 380-5341
- Logan Heights Community Development Corporation https://www.loganheightscdc.org/ (619) 858-0563
- The San Diego LGBT Community Center https://thecentersd.org/ (619) 692-2077
- Serving Seniors https://servingseniors.org/ (619) 235-6572
- Union of Pan Asian Communities http://www.upacsd.com/ (619) 255-7644
- Urban League of San Diego County https://www.sdul.org/ (619) 266-6256
The San Diego Housing Commission administers the COVID-19 Housing Stability Assistance Program for the City of San Diego.